Default Old Craftsman blowtorch

I acquired an old brass Craftsman (plumber-type) blowtorch in
preparation for building a model boiler so I have several questions
about blowtorches:

Where can I buy a leather(?)washer for the pressure pump?

The valve on the pressure pump looks like it should have a ball valve.
There is a spring but no sign of a ball. Is the ball missing?

What's the best fuel? White gas (naptha?), kerosene? ???

Does anyone happen to have a diagram/parts list(even generic)?

Is there a book that describes the care and feeding of blowtorches?

What do I need to know to operate the various controls?

Does it need to have the vaporizer pre-heated like a Primus stove?

TIA

Max ben-Aaron