Fastvale

Default sony tv

Can anyone help me with my old tv?
It's a Sony kv-2531a set, about 10 years old.
It had bad field linearity, fixed by replacing c531-c532.
Few days after the remote stopped working. Replaced with a new one ( how
expensive by sony!) but still faulty.
I had a look to the schematics, the receiver itself cannot be tested, AFAIK,
power, 5v, is correct, on output pin 2 of the ir receiver I get a +5v when
idle.
All resistors involved fron the ir rcvr output to the big chip (IC001,
SDA2083) are ok.
I also get a slight frequency shift of the picture, very little.
All my suspects point to the chip that looks like acting for both troubles.
Can anyone suggest me more checks before I replace the (expensive) chip and
may be swear on having best bought one of this corean use-and-throw sets?
Thanks