CNT

I do make three straight passes, 1/4" off at a time (with raised panels).

I haven't done any curves yet. I believe it's OK to do the curves with full
cuts (one pass). Just have to be extra careful, and top of that is cutting
the curves along. This is how I saw the reps did at the WW shows.

I decide to keep it and made few cuts with it. Noticed the backcutter came
out the same depth as my $65 ones, but the cove is 1/4" longer. I don't
think I like it that long, but I need to do more before I decide on
anything.

Forgot to mention that Freud rep that I spoke with earlier today did
mention that the red paint (shaft) will eventually rub off onto the wood,
and added that it's no big deal since that part would be hidden in the
grooves of the rail/stile.

As to your question (below), to me, the pattern (template) are used only
with straight flush bits (example, Freud #42-110 or #50-110). Then take off
the pattern, shovel it (fully) into the raised panel bit (with backcutter).
Huh?

Chuck

I can't comment on what Freud told you. BUT, how does the shaft
follow a pattern, my friend???? How do you change the cutting depth
from the edge for two passes when using a pattern??? Hmmm??? Hmmm???