lgb

In article ,
says...
As far as the view that "this small planet" is desperately impacted by
the actions of those within it; this seems to be hubris of a high order.
Can one mess up one's local environment? Absolutely, 19'th century London
is a prime example of that, as are some of our own industrial cities at the
beginning of the industrial revolution. Can we "destroy the planet"? That
is highly debateable; consider the amount of energy and pollution that just
*one* volcanic explosion can produce compared to the output of an
industrialized nation.

Hmmm. Fish stocks are being depleted, if not eliminated, by
overfishing. Land, as well as sea, animals and plants are going extinct
due to habitat loss, pollution, and overhunting, and the very atmosphere
is changing due to pollution. CO2 is going up, O is going down. The
reduction in the ozone layer is increasing skin cancer rates, and
nobody's quite sure what's happening to the amphibians.

Seems to me the hubris, or maybe just plain ignorance, is on your side
of the fence.

"None are so blind as those who will not see."

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever