Bob G.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:03:00 -0600, Luke wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:15:23 -0500, "Patch"
wrote:

Today, my garage door torsion spring broke. Is this a job for a typical DIY,
or should I call a pro?

Might help you decide after reading how one guy did it:
http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm

FWIW, I'd hire it out.

Guess it really comes down to "who is a typical" DIY individual...

I installed my own on all 5 bays in my garages without any problems at
all... pretty simple to do... like all things the energy you wind into
the springs can do a number on you if you are not working safely but
that can be said about nailing a picture up in the bedroom also...

Bottom line is call and see what a door company would charge and see
if your time is that valuable to you....

Bob G.