badgolferman

Robert Allison, 6/12/2005, 9:29:23 PM, Tj5re.12383$gL4.2848@trnddc07
wrote:

badgolferman wrote:

I built a privacy fence last year and borrowed a friend's nail gun.
He gave me a bunch of nails to use with the gun and everything came
out fine. When we looked up the nails on Lowe's to find out their
price so I could repay him, we noticed the description said not
recommended for ACQ lumber. This is the lumber I purchased from
the lumber yard and don't really want to go disassembling the fence
to replace the nails. What should I expect to happen to the fence
and what should I have used instead?

You should have used either stainless or double hot dipped galvanized
nails. You can expect the fasteners to disentigrate and fail. You
can easily buy some of the correct fasteners and renail the fence
without removing the existing nails.

Here is a little article on it:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...15/ai_n6234007

And here is a pdf file with the warning:

http://www.fccip.org/Issue-6,May2004.pdf

I believe they were full head electrogalvanized ring. Is this good or
bad?

--
No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too
seriously.