CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Nathan Gant wrote:
A trailer or manufactured home is no match in value in the long run for CBS
(concrete block/stucco) houses. Unfortunately there are people who will try
to put it on par with CBS homes.

If you can't afford CBS, likely now with current housing costs, I would go
for it, a manufactured home is something that you can adapt to, but they are
sometimes difficult to sell and you definitely won't see much of an
appreciation of value outside of actual land appraisal itself. Assume that
you'll lose money in the manufactured home in the long run, but the property
might end up being worth substantially more than the house.

"Gene" wrote in message

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:09:02 -0700, TLF
wrote:

I am considering making an offer on a great piece of property (5 acres)
here in WA. The home is a 2001 2/2, 1100 sqft, silvercrest manufactured
on a slab foundation. Looks new from the outside and seems solid, the
insulation ratings are around 30 for the roof and 26 for the
floor/walls, siding is wood, roof is comp, vinyl windows, forced air
heat. I am just hesitant since it's a manufactured.. Will it be too hard
to resell? Do these homes actually depreciate, like I've heard? Anyone
have firsthand experience buying/selling these types of homes?
Appreciate any feedback.

Thx!
TLF

If it's not in a park, it should always be easy to sell.

A home is going up across the street from me now. It has poured
basement walls, and they brough in the main home parts in pieces. The
home body in 2 parts, and then a 2 part roof, and 1 2nd floor extended
window. They build the garage on the spot. And not they are bricking
the thing up.

I was disappointed to see this thing going up when they started because
I though it was going to be some rinky dink elcheapo job. I'm pretty
impressed at this point and wonder if my own home was build in this
fashion, though I doubt it due to its construction.

Is this a manufactured home I was looking at?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert