CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Ray wrote:
I've installed tooless Cat5 jacks on both ends of my cable using the T568A
convention;

PIN NUMBER COLOR
1 Green/White
2 Green
3 Orange/White
4 Blue
5 Blue/White
6 Orange
7 Brown/White
8 Brown

I purchased a Cat5e patch cord and noticed that these wire colors do not
match my jack colors.

Ignore colors on purchased preassembled cables. Often they are made by
machines and have only a single color.

There are two types of cables, straight and twisted pair. There are two
types of sockets 568A and 568B. There is no such thing as a 568A/568B
cable so all you really want to do is know if its straight or cross-over.

They are set up the following way looking left to right with the snap
release pointed up and the connection towards you:

orange/white, orange, blue/white, blue, green/white, green, brown/white,
brown

Is this a problem ?? I feel that if as long as there is 8 wires, regardles
of the color coming out of the router, there is a path to send and recieve
data.

You can't relate the wire to the socket per-se.

Am I correct ??

Thanks,
Ray

Be sure to use good quality stuff and do good crimps. 100Mb full duplex
can be tough if your install is not good. I use toenail clippers to
trim off the wire beyond the connector edge. I also when possible use
store bought cable for outside of wall stuff. its just touchy getting
that 100Mb not to fall back to 10Mb or half-duplex.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert