dadiOH

jeffc wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message

"3rd eye" wrote in message

Enamel is a harder finish.
Doesn't matter if latex or oil. It doesn't need to have gloss to be
an enamel.

I challenge you to show us a flat enamel.

Dang, as soon as I say that I check it out just to be sure. There
are flat enamels. News to me.

In oil paints at least, all start life as glossy. Adding a flatting
agent - talc, usually - in varying amounts is what changes the sheen.
Used to be that paint stores actually sold talc so you could mix
whatever sheen you wanted; nowadays, they don't even know what flatting
powder is.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...