Derek

Default Electrical Safety

On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:29:43 +0100, Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
peter wrote:
Also, is it safe to plug the 120V input AC Adapter directly into the
120V socket of the "Shavers Transformer" which was marked "Shavers
Only"? Why is it that "Shavers point" are for shavers only?

They should really change this given electric toothbrushes etc.

You'd also need to be certain the transformer in the shaver socket is up
to supplying the required current, but I'd guess it would.

Maybe I'm missing something here, nobody seemed to think that it would be
odd that he would be plugging an electrical synthesiser into a shaving
socket in the bathroom? If the cable was long enough he could sit on the
bog and play a tune - or sing in the shower with accompaniment! You would
have to limit your audiences and the size of your band! :-)