William

"Travis Williams" wrote in message
Three words for you here.... Authority Having Jurisdiction....You need to
check with local codes to see what they want. Every state, city and town

are
different. There is alot more that factors into this also...number of

floors
above ground, maximum number of occupants, etc, etc....

Well it's one floor with a "loft" in the dwelling unit, and the garage is
one floor. I have not seen a max occupants rating on a house before, but I
guess you can say it's a one bedroom as that's what the "loft" is going to
be used for... As for the AHJ that's a nest of hornets I would rather not
kick around too much at this point, hence the question about the
requirements for smoke containment vs. a fire wall so I can have some ideas
about the rules on this stuff.

Thanks

William....

"William" wrote in message
Hello I'm installing a HVAC system that is supplying a mixed use
occupancy.
A dwelling unit, and a very large garage. These occupancies are

separated
by a fire wall as required by the local code. It seems to me, that I

need
fire dampers on the supply and return ducts as they are passing through
the
firewall, but do I need fire smoke combination dampers? Of course

they
are much more expensive, and as far as I can see it's a fire wall, not a
smoke barrier that is required between these occupancies.

--
Thanks
William.......