maxinemovies

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:06:52 -0700, TLF
wrote:

maxinemovies wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:09:02 -0700, TLF
wrote:

I am considering making an offer on a great piece of property (5 acres)
here in WA. The home is a 2001 2/2, 1100 sqft, silvercrest manufactured
on a slab foundation. Looks new from the outside and seems solid, the
insulation ratings are around 30 for the roof and 26 for the
floor/walls, siding is wood, roof is comp, vinyl windows, forced air
heat. I am just hesitant since it's a manufactured.. Will it be too hard
to resell? Do these homes actually depreciate, like I've heard? Anyone
have firsthand experience buying/selling these types of homes?
Appreciate any feedback.

Thx!
TLF

We're in the process of buying a Silvercrest. On a permanent
foundation, it's considered real property (as in real estate) rather
than like a trailer, and will appreciate.

Silvercrest is one of the best. The home is only four years old. What
model is it?

Regardless, have a home inspection done, like you would for any other
house you'd want to buy.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

I don't know the model but I have asked this of the manufacturer,
awaiting response. I gave them the SN so I would imagine they can tell
me everything I want to know. I do know it was built in their Oregon
plant and has 2x6 framed walls. I talked to the seller today and he said
it is anchored to the slab foundation and is considered real property,
but I see the listing agent calls it out as a mobile/doublewide.. maybe
something to do with WA classification laws. At any rate, this is on 5
(rural) acres that borders dry pasture on 2 sides and backs to 40 acres
of cedar timber on the opposite end. In a small town, 8 miles from a
larger one that has most everything needed..

Thanks all for your input!!
-T

Pop on over to their website www.silvercrest.com and see if you can
find it there. I'm curious and would love to know what it is.

Listing agents around here, and even our banker, keep calling it a
mobile home, even though they know it's not, and admit that they're
doing it out of habit. Just having trouble keeping up with the latest
terminology. But they also know full well that a manufactured home on
a permanent foundation is real property and will appreciate.

The land sounds beautiful. Got pics on a web page somewhere?

Maxi

Email addy upon request.