Oscar_Lives

"Mort Guffman" wrote in message
I have heard that it costs more to finance these homes and to insure
them. I would check these two items out first.

A friend was going to have one put on his property. The homes are
nice. Well built and configurable to your liking. He liked the quality
and the house a lot, but the interest rate and the homeowner's
insurance made building a regular home a better choice for him. He
lives near Tampa.

Mort

The main problem is that manufactured homes don't appreciate in value. They
are percieved as being very negative by potential buyers, and their quality
is suspect. Therefore, the value drops like a rock, even if bolted on a
foundation.

Manufactured homes are one-half notch higher than trailer-trash homes.
You'd be better off renting.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:09:02 -0700, TLF
wrote:

I am considering making an offer on a great piece of property (5 acres)
here in WA. The home is a 2001 2/2, 1100 sqft, silvercrest manufactured
on a slab foundation. Looks new from the outside and seems solid, the
insulation ratings are around 30 for the roof and 26 for the
floor/walls, siding is wood, roof is comp, vinyl windows, forced air
heat. I am just hesitant since it's a manufactured.. Will it be too hard
to resell? Do these homes actually depreciate, like I've heard? Anyone
have firsthand experience buying/selling these types of homes?
Appreciate any feedback.

Thx!
TLF