SQLit

"William" wrote in message
news:fE0re.42927$_o.23386@attbi_s71...
Hello I'm installing a HVAC system that is supplying a mixed use

occupancy.
A dwelling unit, and a very large garage. These occupancies are separated
by a fire wall as required by the local code. It seems to me, that I need

fire dampers on the supply and return ducts as they are passing through

the
firewall, but do I need fire smoke combination dampers? Of course they
are much more expensive, and as far as I can see it's a fire wall, not a
smoke barrier that is required between these occupancies.

--
Thanks
William.......

Installing with out an approved set of plans?

Anything that passes through a fire wall needs special attention. What
rating is your fire wall?
Assuming that a fire wall does not control smoke is not correct.

Get in contact with the building inspection authority and find out.