Swingman

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
Tom Quackenbush wrote in message

snip
You spelled "imminent" correctly, it's just that it was the wrong
word.

No ****!?

And as long as we're being sticklers for correctness, your assumption is
incorrect: OE's spell checker "spelled" it from my typo (debatably a

poetic
omen in choice of replacement words, in case you missed that also).

My mistake, I guess. You didn't spell "imminent" correctly, your
spell checker did - is that your point?

If I want to refer to one of your posts, should I refer to it as a
"Swingman" post or an Outlook Express post? I mean, you didn't
actually post anything, your newsreader and ISP did that.

Aside from the "who (or what) is responsible for one's post" issue,
it does seem odd that OE wouldn't offer several correctly spelled
alternatives for a misspelled "eminent". Could be a defect in OE's
spellcheck. Do you recall your original (mis)spelling?

While delusions of perfection may run in your family, judging from your
above, we obvioulsy shouldn't ask too closely about having a clue ... unless
of course, you are that rare man on Usenet ... the one who's never
transposed an "i" and "e" on a keyboard.

You're either new to Usenet, as dense and as clueless to the vagaries of
spell checkers as you appear, or you are just one of those dickheads who
doesn't have anything to add but correcting typos and spelling.

Nonetheless, feel free to go **** your perfect self at whim.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05