whit

Thanks Patriarch,for the tip on the William Eng school. I found their
website and they look very interesting. Does anyone have any experince
with them?

Whit

Patriarch wrote:
"whit" wrote in
oups.com:

Hi All,
I am looking for a woodworking school recomendation. Somewhere I can
advance my skills and possibly (but not necessary) bring home a piece
of furiture in the process. Classes that last no longer than 2 weeks.
Anyone have experince with any of the following?

1.Center for Furniture Craftsmanship on Maine
2.Lonnie Bird's in Tennesee
3.Rosewood studio in Almonte Ontario

Those folks have really good reputations. What do you want to build?

Location is not a problem as I am willing to travel.

And yet you mention primarily East coast and heartland locations...

Elsewhe

William Ng Woodworking Schools in Anaheim, CA (?) ((LA basin for
certain)) has a strong lineup of teachers, with first rate credentials.
I wish I had the chops to make a course there worth my time and money.

Five or 6 really strong 'local' programs in the SF Bay Area, with small
classes and excellent craft/art focus. Many instructors are alumni
and/or adjunct faculty at College of the Redwoods, the school that
Krenov led for two decades.

UC San Diego has a leading edge furniture design program. Not my style,
but it may be yours. Prepare for your world to bend.

Several strong Colorado programs. A really good program in the Texas
hill country, focused on traditional forms, and native woods. Pacific
Northwest opportunities too numerous to mention, including traditional
wooden boats. Woodturning symposia sufficient to mulch Montana...

I was also thinking of American Sycamore Woodowrkers Retreat in

Indaina but I heard they went bankrupt

I don't think so.

But it's July 1. You may be late in planning this summer's schedule.
Many of these fill up months in advance.

Patriarch