Art

Possible LOPT breaking down,or lack of drive signal to the H-Output.
"Rene" wrote in message
Hello!

First of all, please forgive me my English, it is not my mother tongue...

I have a television set (Philips MD1.2E AA) of which the HOT was a short
ciruit. I replaced it and the fly-back capacitor as well. The man in the
store gave me a BU1508DX instead of a BU1506DX which was not in stock (but
which was in the TV); he said it was compatible. (Is there anyone who
knows whether this is true?) After inserting it, it immediately broke down
again and I took it out: it is as short-circuited now as the original one.
I can't measure a short-circuit in the primary circuit of the
HV-transformer. Is it likely that there is one on the secondary site? If
chances are high that after replacing it (and maybe some small other
parts) the TV will be okay again, I would not mind spending the money.
Does anyone have an idea about the price of such a transformer?
The power supply is making hick-up sounds.
Another peculiar thing: You know the sound a light-bulb makes when shaking
it? The same sound comes from the picture tube if one moves the TV gently
e.g. when putting the back side on again. It is also similar to the
"tsjinggggggg" sound my monitor makes after pressing the degauss-button
(without the first "click"). Is there a chance that there is a
short-circuit in the tube so that it demands too much energy from the
transformer and thus from the HOT?

I hope someone can give me some tips, thank You very much in advance!

Yours sincerely,
Rene