Gunner

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:25:10 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I am rather receptive to this idea, but I am not sure how to adjust my
regulator, if it is at all adjustable. My compressor is a regular
looking 2 stage 3 HP 220V vertical 80 gallon compressor.

It isn't the regulator, it's the switch. Usually it's a little box, has a tube
going down into the tank.

GWE

There are typically two switches, or a lever system. a large spring
typically controls the high end, and loosening the spring lowers the
shutdown pressure.

Another spring loaded switch controls low end start pressure, often
adjusted by a screwdriver.

Loosen the big spring a fair bit, bleed down the tank a bit and as it
reaches the low end, adjust the screw driver adjustment until it turns
on the compressor at whatever low end pressure you want. Then increase
spring tension on the big spring until it stops at the high end
pressure you want.

YMMV of course, depending on odd switches etc.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner