TLF

maxinemovies wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:09:02 -0700, TLF
wrote:

I am considering making an offer on a great piece of property (5 acres)
here in WA. The home is a 2001 2/2, 1100 sqft, silvercrest manufactured
on a slab foundation. Looks new from the outside and seems solid, the
insulation ratings are around 30 for the roof and 26 for the
floor/walls, siding is wood, roof is comp, vinyl windows, forced air
heat. I am just hesitant since it's a manufactured.. Will it be too hard
to resell? Do these homes actually depreciate, like I've heard? Anyone
have firsthand experience buying/selling these types of homes?
Appreciate any feedback.

Thx!
TLF

We're in the process of buying a Silvercrest. On a permanent
foundation, it's considered real property (as in real estate) rather
than like a trailer, and will appreciate.

Silvercrest is one of the best. The home is only four years old. What
model is it?

Regardless, have a home inspection done, like you would for any other
house you'd want to buy.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

I don't know the model but I have asked this of the manufacturer,
awaiting response. I gave them the SN so I would imagine they can tell
me everything I want to know. I do know it was built in their Oregon
plant and has 2x6 framed walls. I talked to the seller today and he said
it is anchored to the slab foundation and is considered real property,
but I see the listing agent calls it out as a mobile/doublewide.. maybe
something to do with WA classification laws. At any rate, this is on 5
(rural) acres that borders dry pasture on 2 sides and backs to 40 acres
of cedar timber on the opposite end. In a small town, 8 miles from a
larger one that has most everything needed..

Thanks all for your input!!
-T