Robert Allison

badgolferman wrote:

I built a privacy fence last year and borrowed a friend's nail gun. He
gave me a bunch of nails to use with the gun and everything came out
fine. When we looked up the nails on Lowe's to find out their price so
I could repay him, we noticed the description said not recommended for
ACQ lumber. This is the lumber I purchased from the lumber yard and
don't really want to go disassembling the fence to replace the nails.
What should I expect to happen to the fence and what should I have used
instead?

You should have used either stainless or double hot dipped
galvanized nails. You can expect the fasteners to
disentigrate and fail. You can easily buy some of the correct
fasteners and renail the fence without removing the existing
nails.

Here is a little article on it:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...15/ai_n6234007

And here is a pdf file with the warning:

http://www.fccip.org/Issue-6,May2004.pdf

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.