Norminn

excap wrote:
I thought the two kinds of paint were "Oil Based" or "Latex."

I saw a gallon of "100 % Acrylic" that made no mention of being either Latex
or Oil based.

Is it a hybrid of the two?

And part 2 of this question:

I know you can't put oil based paint over previously painted latex paint but
what about acrylic? How does that figure in the mix?

There is "oil based" and "water based". No latex in latex paint. What
you put over what depends largely on the substrate and gloss. Use the
right primer and prep. Latex on hard enamel is nasty, as the next paint
job will be more difficult beause you can't sand latex. Letex on
concrete is preferred because it breathes a bit, and concrete always has
moisture in it.