Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
Hi,

Years ago, I bought a "learning" type of universal remote control that
records the signals from a OE remote. That was fine as long as the batteries
didn't run down. Some OE remotes have special functions that standard
universal remotes don't provide. Is there a device that I can buy that
"records" the special function signal patterns without the battery run
down problem (lost patterns)?

Check out OneForAll (and related) remotes. Many models have JP1
connectors which you can use to program with your computer. Full details
he
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross