none

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:52:46 -0500, "Hugh Prescott"
wrote:

No they will not do a 12 volt battery of any type. They are a 120VAC or
12VDC input charger for home or field use. They can be used with a 12 volt
SLA or car battery as a power source.

IIRC they can charge 8 cell Ni-Cad or NiMh batteries but no more. Some
models only go to 7 cell and do only Ni-Cad cells.

For detailed help call 1-877-0233 and talk to a service technician at
Horizon Hobby. He can tell you the specs for the models, may be able to
point you to a web page with the instruction booklet.

He probably will not have a schematic or will not release one. Last time I
looked these are PIC based chargers. They have a very good record for low
return / repair rate at our shop.

The top end models will also do Li-Po cells.

Hugh

Thanks for the info. I did manage to find the specs and diagrahms on
these yesterday.
One will handle any battery up to 16 volts and all cell #s.
I was hoping I could mod one to smart charge all my SLA's. More
trouble than it's worth though.

"none" wrote in message
.. .
I've gotten my hands on a box full of those smart chargers for RC
cars etc...
They're the Dynamite brand Vision peak and the peak plus pulse
chargers for 5-7 cell nicad's(the plus also does nihm.)
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but can these chargers be used to
charge SLA's?
I have several 12v SLA's that I use in various apps and it'd be nice
if I could use these chargers to get longer life out of these SLA's.
The model #'s are DYN-4045 for the peak and DYN-4046 for the plus
model.
charge rates are 1 and 4 amps for the plus and 2 and 4 for the
standard peak.
I believe the volt range is from 5v to as much as 24.
These units test for cell # and condition and are twin pulse chargers.
If they can't be used for lead acid I can use 'em for what nicads I
have.