Ned Simmons

In article ,
lid says...
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:32:26 GMT, Gunner wrote:
At 220 volts, it is 9012/220 = 40.96 amps.

You need bigger breakers, and make sure that your wire capacity
matches the breaker.

And turn your max air pressure down to 120 psi. Your compressor will
love you and there simply is no need for any pressures higher than
that in most home shops.

Mine starts at about 100 psi, and stops at about 140-145 PSI.

As Gunner says, unless you have a specific need for air at
the higher pressure, the compressor will be happier and run
more efficiently cycling between 90 and 120 psi. It's also
safer with regard to the receiver.

When I build a piece of equipment that's going into a
production environment I assume it'll have no more than 80
psi available. Line pressure in most large factories will
dip this low at times and most stuff keeps running just
fine.

Ned Simmons