Harold and Susan Vordos

"Terry" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the tips. I wonder why these are so difficult to find?

Guess I'll have to make one. The bolt idea is quick and easy, but that
doesn't leave me with a 1/2" shank, unless I am missing something.

I considered just taking a 1/2" peice of round stock and machining one
from scratch, and then buying a die for the threads. Though I may go
the route of buying a MT2 to 3/8-24 arbor and turning down the MT to
1/2". That should be a piece of cake as long as I can hold the piece
in my chuck well enough to turn down the whole taper. Maybe I can
mount it into my drill chuck first, then hold the drill chuck in my
lathe chuck. Hmmm.. I'll figure it out.

Thanks again.

If you choose to go that route, I'd highly recommend you turn the arbor
between centers, so you end up with the desired concentricity and
perpendicularity. It's most likely the arbor was made that way, so you'll
retain the original precision by altering it in the same fashion.

Harold