John Willis

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:34:50 -0400, "HeatMan"
scribbled this interesting note:

Simply as an aside, not any of real value to most.

Many years ago, when I was doing HVAC installs, we had the 'opportunity' to
work with a certain framing crew. All of our installers were warned not to
let them borrow anyone's circular saw. This framing crew would go to a tool
outlet and purchase a reconditioned saw. This recon saw might last through
half the framing job on a 1500 square foot house. Almost invariably, the
recon saw would conk out not long after they boss would leave with the truck
to look at the next job and the framers would try to borrow a saw. (this
was long before cell phones) The boss would come back and scream
obscenities at the crew at the top of his lungs that nothing had been done
for 2 to 4 hours. The boss would haul a** to the tool outlet and buy
*another* recon saw. Then it would start all over again. I had a chance to
look in the back of the bosses truck once and saw about 10-12 burned out
saws...

They never bout a new saw, much less a worm drive saw.

This has everything to do with the question. It is easy to burn out
those cheap saws. A good, heavy duty saw will last decades through all
kinds of abuse.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)