Schism

Default Eyeballs for inground swimming pool

We have a swimming pool that's about 25 years old, all of the eyeballs
have long broken and I'm looking to replace them, I can't find the
original ones with the four screws around the edge but the pool jets
are threaded as well, so I measured the thread of the output pipes and
it's exactly 1 and 1/2 inches, so I went to the local pool store and
bought 1 and 1/2 inch eyeballs, but they were slightly too large and
the pool store didn't have any smaller ones, I also can't seem to find
ones on the internet that look like they would fit, if 1 1/2 sized
eyeballs won't screw into a 1 and 1/2 thread, what size will and where
can I find them?