Default Attach plywood from the inside (is it possible) ?

I have to remove some termite damaged studs and plate. I'd like to
keep the plywood in place (it's only about 3 studs) because there is a
brick veneer on the outside and the sheathing is not accessible. Can I
just install the new studs and try to install some screws from the
inside? The screws will go from the inside of the house out through
the sheathing in order to try to pull the sheathing up close to the
studs? Or maybe use some type of L-bracket against the sides of the
stud to pull the sheetrock in close? Thanks for any advice.