Colbyt

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Forgot to add the following to my very recent post on these weed wacker

line
trimmers:

Can I also ask, please:

What are the pros and cons of a straight shaft model vs the curved shaft
ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

Straight seems to be easier on my back. It is definately easier to edge
with when flipped on its side or upside down. You should try the fit for
yourself before you buy. I will add that I have never seen a curved shaft
on a lawn service truck or trailer.

Price wise per your first post you are looking at 119-139 for a straight
shaft 31cc edger. My addition last year still use the bump method but now
has a two compartment spool which works moderately better than the old
style. It can be reloaded with no dis-assembly. I am toying with the
notion of using shorter string sections than the standard 10 foot ones to
see if that minimizes the inevitable failure to spool out.

Colbyt