Mark D. Zacharias

"Stephen A Vicinanza" wrote in message
Hi,

I cleaned and lubed the whole machine, but no joy, still having problems.

Here's whats happening.

When I first got it all together and put a disc in, the disk spun much
faster then before and the machine picked-up the tracks really well. But
alas, I had no output. The only sound I got was a bit of a crackling
noise. There was still a kind of scrapping sound that sounded like some
spinning part was rubbing against something else, when the disc is
spinning, and after a few attempts at track changes, and then letting the
machine sit for a while, I get the same problem as in the beginning. The
disc doesn't spin fast enough, there's a grinding noise and then the disc
stops, and slips on the spindle. (when this happens the display shows
Disc, and never changes to a track number. Also on this machine it shows a
1.00 or a 2.00 for track number, then changes to a single digit when a
track is actually playing)
I did notice when I had things apart that there was a belt system on the
left side near the back of the deck, and the belt is really loose. (the
door open and close belt and gears system is on the right of the deck,
near the front)

I am going to clean the lens again, which is part of the problem, I am
certain. But any thoughts on the grinding noise would be a big help, and
anything on why the spindle would not spin the disc or slipp would be a
great help too.

I really appreciate you guys bearing with here.

Steve

I really think you need to replace any loose belt(s). The reason is that if
the tray loading isn't 100% engaged, then the disc may not be clamping
properly, and this could be your problem. Also need to confirm that the disc
is not physically scraping the tray or other nearby part. Sometimes the
suspension springs have sagged a bit and allow the disc to scrape. They can
be stretched carefully to fix this.

Some Carver players used Sanyo / Fisher mechanisms and pickups. These aren't
my best thing. What would be a bad pickup on any other player, for example,
replacing a Fisher pickup never seems to fix my problems. I'm near 100% on
other brands, but Sanyo / Fisher pickups make me look like an amateur.

Mark Z.