Dave Hinz

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:01:32 -0400, George wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
In my part of Wisconsin, no-till is just getting to be common in the
family farm setting. So things move slow. Like I said, it's not that
they're ignorant of it, they're just chosing not to use it in some
cases.

In northern climes there often isn't enough useful rotting time for low or
no till to be effective. Depending on the next crop, it is often best to
turn it under.

No-till around here usually involves round-up or similar. Same where
you are? I suppose it kills the old whatever, while giving it more time
to decompose while the next crop is growing.