Duane Bozarth

Juergen Hannappel wrote:

But. All those past merits are no excuse to ruin the world now, and I
sincerely disbelieve that the economic and ecological policies pursued
in the US are realy in the best interest of the American People in the
long run. I do not want any harm to come to America (and the rest of
the world), and that is why I think you cannot go on as if there were
no limits to growth.

Well, I don't think there's any significant difference in US policy
and other Western economies other than style. And certainly the
Chinese, Indians, Brazilians, etc., are going to overarch anything we're
doing now in the very near term. Not to even mention the past abuses in
former Iron Curtain industrial areas...

Reconsider. It's for your own best.

I think your viewpoint is quite narrowly focussed by a political bent
not closely related to reality, unfortunately. (Not to feel badly,
there are many in the US w/ the same myopia and wishful thinking... )

What is your realistic and achievable solution to raising economic
status of those on the lower rungs in both the developed countries as
well as the rest of the world other than growth? Wishing for the
"haves" to slide back is both unrealistic and counter-productive.