Dave Hinz

On 29 Jun 2005 15:44:39 -0700, TJIC wrote:
Dave,
I like the way you think!

Well, it's true. Similar vendors hang out together, and the reputation
of one reflects on the other. Works both ways, of course.

I've got two Dillon 1050's in my garage; one set up to reload .40 S&W
for my carry pistol, the other...um...gathering dust right now (but
someday set up for .223).

I've got the 650, and hope to buy the casefeeder next. Set up for,
let's see...10 or 12 calibers, I suppose.

Both were bought used off (one from a guy at my range, another off
eBay). Dillon is a First Class operation. I bent a decapping pin (my
own fault), Dillon sent me out a spare, and refused to take my money
(even for shipping!).

Yup, they're like that. Probably doesn't cost them much, and
word-of-mouth referrals that they get from that policy is going to be
nothing but positive. I've yet to hear anyone bitch about anything
meaningful about Dillon presses, except a few people talking about
primer feed problems that I can't find credible. (that mechanism is
pretty foolproof).

A week later, I bent the NEW decapping pin.
Dillon sent me ANOTHER spare, again free of charge (I tried to pay
them, I swear!).

Been there, done that. I did buy a spares kit for my 650, which they do
let you pay for.

Dillon's level of customer support is something I aim to emulate in the
way I run Technical Video Rental.

If you're going to pick a customer service model, that's the one to
shoot for. You know, Dillon has done collaborations with people selling
books and videos before, I wonder if they'd work more closely with you;
use their ordering and payment infrastructure or something? Just a
thought.

Glad you saw that ad!

Well, someone had mentioned you over in rec.woodworking or
rec.metalworking a few months ago, so I filed it as "check this place
out". Then I saw the ad in the Blue Press and it's just a matter of
time. Probably winter when the outside stuff calms down, but I see 8 or
10 on there that I want to use.

Question - how does the whole copyright thing work? Does that even
enter into this, or do you have to pay more for the tapes because you're
more or less a library, or is this considered the same as me buying
something and lending it to my friends, or how does that work?

Dave Hinz