Wild Bill

You might need all the air that this unit is capable of delivering, but if
not, I would probably consider removing the belt(s) from one head/pump.
That way you'll have emergency belts and a backup pump, should they become
neccessary.

The earlier recommendation to lower the maximum cut-off pressure setting is
valid. The motor is under the highest load at the highest pressure.
Generally, you can also reset the low cut-in pressure a little lower too.
Lowering the high point will most likely add longevity to the pumps.

WB

"gtslabs" wrote in message
ups.com...
I picked up a 10 hp compressor, dual heads, 2 stage, 120 gallon tank.
The Pump has a centrifical unloader. The Motor is 3 phase 240 of which
I run on my 10hp rotary phase converter wired with 8-3 With Ground and
a 40 amp breaker.
The compressor starts fine but the breaker trips when the compressor is
near its top end around 160 psi. What are some causes for the breaker
to trip?
Thanks