Hound Dog

"RichK" wrote in message
news
Hi All,

Few years ago I was able to rent a small carpet shampoo machine. It
looked
like an upright vacuum cleaner, but had a 2-3 brushes and a shampoo
dispenser. It was great for a good scrub of a carpet.

I would then follow up with one of these bigger "flushing" machines, which
get the some dirt out, by flushing the carpet, but are useless for
cleaning
it. It was a good combo.

I no longer see these shampooers. Disappeared off the surface of the
earth.
Anyone know why these 2-3 brush shampooers are no longer available?
Rental
places look at me funny, when I ask for them :-)

I see some machines that Sears (and similar) sell with puny brushes and
flushing, but these are not serious cleaning machines.

Rich

I shampooed my carpets for years, even bought a good carpet shampooer.

When I moved into my new home I decided to have the steam cleaning pros take
care of my rugs.

Best decision I have made in a very long time.

Their work is excellent, my rugs are always clean and the price for the
cleaning is not all that expensive.

The rug cleaners can be here, do the cleaning and be gone in a fraction of
the time I would have needed just to do my living room. They, since they
have much more powerful and proper equipment and don't use harsh cleaners,
do a superior job too.

Do yourself a favor, give them a try.