Inty

"Peter Smith" ha scritto nel messaggio
m...

I really am not comfortable repairing the PS myself, I was just going to
tell them the cost of a rebuilt supply if they wanted to get it fixed. I

Hum, are you sure that the price of the fix is worth the value of the VCR
and of a new VCR ?
I STRONGLY recommend you to repair your PS by yourself !!! But be careful,
there are 200-350VDC on the primary side !!! Let the capacitors descharge
before repair it, or connect a small bulb (i.e. 40-60W) to the terminals of
the biggest capacitors, to descharge it and work safely !!! To learn more
about safety and SMPS read this group's faq at www.repairfaq.org !!!

I.