Morris Dovey

Dave Balderstone (in
. ca) said:

| In article , Morris Dovey
| wrote:
|
|| Burt has a formula and, presumably, a calculator - and can grind
|| out whatever chord lengths he wants. He doesn't /need/ to
|| understand the mathematics. It wouldn't hurt if he did, but all
|| the understanding in the world won't produce any better results.
|
| Nobody needs to understand math. Well, that's just...

....not what I said at all. :-)

Not all people can be all things; and everyone has different aptitudes
and talents to develop. It took me a long time to internalize that not
everyone needed to become a programmer in order to use a computer to
good advantage. The same applies to mathematics.

| Hm... Hum... What to say?
|
| I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your
| father smelled of elderberries.

Well, ok - but the smell hasn't reached Iowa yet. In case you hadn't
noticed, the prevailing wind is from the southwest this time of year -
I would caution you against over-exerting yourself. :-D

My mother would have smiled and assured you that she did her best to
be a proper /Scottish/ hamster. From what I've been told, I think my
father would have grinned and said that he'd been told worse. (I wish
he'd had a chance to become elder-than-26.)

| I despise your comment as quoted above, and the attitude that
| allowed it to be verbalized/typalized.
|
| It's, simply, despicable. IMO.
|
| No more to say on this topic, except "SOHCAHTOA".

I had to go to Google for that one. Neat. I wish you'd told me about
that a half century ago, when I was struggling to keep all of those
straight in my head.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar