fish

What do you think of the caulk sold on this website, would you use it?
Where could I get the caulk you are recommending?

THanks,
Fish

On 9 Jun 2005 05:57:57 -0700, wrote:

Read the topic "Radon - is it really a problem?" in this newsgroup. I
posted several suggestions in that thread, under a different name.
One main entry point for radon is the gap between the floor and the
wall; the floor is poured close to the end of construction, and
technically independent of the walls. You will have to seal all the way
around the edge with a polyurathane caulk. The EPA has a whole series
of books available on the topic (not sure if they still do). I read
them all. Their conclusion is that the only system that is effective is
a SSD (sub-slab depressurization) system. YMMV

fish wrote:
Has anyone ever treated their basement for RADON? Has anyone
experience or recommendation about this company and product:
http://www.radonloc.com/index.html this appeals to me because
obviously there wont be that fan running 24 hours a day, and it claims
to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Fish