Adam Stouffer

Asimov wrote:

Adam,

There is often a rectifier diode associated with the pump-up circuit.
It may have gone high resistance and should be replaced along with all
the electros around the vert-ic. Also check for the proper supply
voltages. If the fbk derived vertical supply is low this could also be
caused by a high resistance recitifer, bad filter electro, or high
value dropping resistor. Inspect the yoke plug for good solder.

I replaced the 3 diodes and noticed a slight improvement. So it looks
like I'm on the right track. Still going to order a new vert chip
because its only $3. Are normal high temp caps ok or would low ESR caps
be a better choice? Thanks again.

Adam