troubleinstore

Default Buying an underpinned house?

Stuart wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
om...

I'm sort-of half-seriously considering buying a house which has been
underpinned. The property needs general 'doing up', but clearly the
underpinning is the reason for it going to auction; and all other
things being equal it would be an extremely des res at a very
reasonable price, which is what attracted me in the first place.

? How did you discover that the house had been underpinned?

If it is posable to remove the stigma of being underpinned then you could do
very well, if you can't, the house will always be marked down because it has
a history of a serious problem!

Just as a matter of interest, what sort of figures roughly are we
talking about for underpinning say a 3 bed semi. It is hunderds or
thousands? I suppose in reality, it depends on just how far down the
works have to be done and quantity of materials required does it?

--
troubleinstore
www.tuppencechange.co.uk