Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

"bryanska" wrote:

If I install a bathroom fan, must the exhaust route through the
roof/attic? Can it be vented anywhere outside?

I am installing this fan in a basement bathroom. It would be easier to
route the exhaust out of the side of the house, like a clothes dryer
vent. Is that possible/advised?

You need to check with your local code authority, but that's pretty typical for
new home construction around here.

OR - are there other, code-compliant solutions to installing a bathroom
vent fan?

I was thinking about "tapping into" the bathroom vent directly above
this bathroom, but that involves ripping out drywall in the upstairs
bath...

You really need to check with your local code authority on this option - its not
permitted here. Potential for the fan from one room exhausting into the other
room instead of outdoors.