AAvK

Sounds good, but I guess my other beef with scary sharp is convenience.
Like once you glue sandpaper onto the glass, it has to come off at some
point? Do you use the 3M spray adhesive to hold the sandpaper down?

Yes, then I use a sharpened Hyde putty knife to remove it then paint thinner
to remove the adhesive.

Then you have to get the glass clean again, or it won't be flat. It
just seems easier to me to pull a water stone out of the tub. I
remember from the original SS messages some people were using a half
dozen or more grits. I like sharp as much as the next guy, but a that
many grits seemed a bit much.

Hax I concur entirely with Vladimir. I bought stones for two conveniences
against peeling and cleaning, but the SS remains important for mirroring the
backs and doing touch-ups at the finest grits. I still recommend the leather
stropping and compounds.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com