Duane Bozarth

Doug Miller wrote:

....[regarding his view of US participation in WWII in Europe]...

...This nation came out of the worst economy of modern times
and built a massive military machine _from_scratch_ to free ... [Axis-occupied Europe] because we knew it was the right thing to do ...

Well, I just finished re-reading Churchill which chillingly reminds us
that actually, until France fell and Japan attacked Pearl Harbor we were
content to simply watch, participating only by Lend-Lease which took FDR
an inordinate amount of collusion to get passed. If it hadn't become
imperative to our own survival, it's not cleat there would ever have
been sufficient sentiment in the US to intervene in Europe alone until
it would (probably) have been too late to prevent the fall of England.
After that, while the eventual result would probably have been the
same, it would have become a LOT more dicey...

The recounting of the history in the first volume between the end of WWI
and the beginning of WWII is quite disconcerting, actually, and none
come off very good, including the US.