Lurch

Default Electrical Safety

On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:43:14 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "peter"
strung together this:

I have just bought an electrical keyboard synthersiser online, but the AC
Adapter takes a 120Volt input. I am just wondering whether the following
arrangement would be safe or not?

Does it just take a 120v input or will it take a wider range of
voltages. Some PSUs accept 120-250v ish.

Mains Socket Supply- 240V-to-120V transformer-120V-to-12V Adapter for the
keyboard-Electrical Keyboard synthersiser

Yep, that'd work, all in a suitable box of course.

Also, is it safe to plug the 120V input AC Adapter directly into the 120V
socket of the "Shavers Transformer" which was marked "Shavers Only"? Why is
it that "Shavers point" are for shavers only?

Yes, it'll work in the socket. The "shavers only" refers to the fact
that it is a double insulated transformer that has no earth
connection, it is also only a low powered transformer, typically about
20VA.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.