Doug Miller

In article , Juergen Hannappel wrote:
Duane Bozarth writes:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Juergen Hannappel

wrote:

To answer you last question: Yes...
The economy needs a restructuring so that it provides work and supply
for all *without economic growth*, otherwise there will be no future
worth living in.

In order for that to work, there must also be no population growth. How do

you
propose to achieve *that*?

Plus, I doubt the folks in the third world countries will continue to be
content with that scenario even if their populations were to somehow
magically become stable...

Of course economic growth in the hird world is still necessary, but in
the developped part the situation is different; and having an economy
whose main interest is growth also in the third world will not work in
the long term.
How to stabilize populations I have no viable idea other than
education, ironically also economic growth, awareness-raising and
abandoning ploicies like the global gag rule.

So zero economic growth requires zero population growth, and we achieve zero
population growth by greater-than-zero economic growth.

Right. I got it.

--
Regards,