Tony Hwang

Ray wrote:

I've installed tooless Cat5 jacks on both ends of my cable using the T568A
convention;

PIN NUMBER COLOR
1 Green/White
2 Green
3 Orange/White
4 Blue
5 Blue/White
6 Orange
7 Brown/White
8 Brown

I purchased a Cat5e patch cord and noticed that these wire colors do not
match my jack colors.

They are set up the following way looking left to right with the snap
release pointed up and the connection towards you:

orange/white, orange, blue/white, blue, green/white, green, brown/white,
brown

Is this a problem ?? I feel that if as long as there is 8 wires, regardles
of the color coming out of the router, there is a path to send and recieve
data.

Am I correct ??

Thanks,
Ray

Hi,
On convention Blue is first pair but if you are just extending a cable,
all it matters is signal goes over on one on one basis without crossing
over.(straight thru cable). So in this case it won't matter.
Tony