Dave

I took the freezer fan out, disconnected it and measured 115 volts on both
leads (to ground), so it is not the fan. A schematic would be nice.

"stevie" wrote in message ...
when I had this problem, it turned out to be the timer that controls the
self-defrost feature. mine was a month. ward refrigerator.

not sure exactly why, but the timer did not function correctly and did not
allow the fridge to cool, but freezer worked fine. apparently, the timer
activates some heating coils to defrost the fridge at certain periods of

the
day.

I'm sure others can shed more light on why this occurred.

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
My Maytag refrigerator is only a few years old. The freezer works great

but
the refrigerator is at 55 degrees. Set to max cooling. I am not sure if
the fan in the freezer is working, otherwise seems normal. Anyone know of
some things I should check, I have a voltmeter. It is a MTB2156GE Maytag.
Thanks !