James Sweet

"none" wrote in message
I've gotten my hands on a box full of those smart chargers for RC
cars etc...
They're the Dynamite brand Vision peak and the peak plus pulse
chargers for 5-7 cell nicad's(the plus also does nihm.)
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but can these chargers be used to
charge SLA's?
I have several 12v SLA's that I use in various apps and it'd be nice
if I could use these chargers to get longer life out of these SLA's.
The model #'s are DYN-4045 for the peak and DYN-4046 for the plus
model.
charge rates are 1 and 4 amps for the plus and 2 and 4 for the
standard peak.
I believe the volt range is from 5v to as much as 24.
These units test for cell # and condition and are twin pulse chargers.
If they can't be used for lead acid I can use 'em for what nicads I
have.

No, SLA's have completely different requirements, the good news is that
they're much easier to feed properly, a 12v wall wart will usually do the
trick.