Juergen Hannappel

"Morris Dovey" writes:

[...]

We urgently need to develop alternative energy sources and rethink
(especially) our building, production, and transportation
technologies. Even 200 mpg cars and 100 mpg trucks won't solve the
problem, or even just keep us from freezing in the winter.

Even more urgently we need to scale down our need for production and
transportation, or at least put a stop to it's growth, wich otherwise
eats up all efficiency gains.

[...]

rant
It makes me crazy that people seem so willing to say: "What do you
expect from me - /I/ can't do anything," and expect that politicians
will /legislate/ a (no cost) solution. Have we really dumbed down that
much?
/rant

To answer you last question: Yes...
The economy needs a restructuring so that it provides work and supply
for all *without economic growth*, otherwise there will be no future
worth living in.

Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23