World Traveler

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm finishing a ton of the doors in my home but this is my first time.
Can anyone out there give me some tips? I've finished wood before;
it's just that I'm not quite sure what position the doors should be in.
Should the doors be left hanging? Should they be finished
horizontally/vertically? Should all of the hardware preps, tops,
sides, and bottoms be finished with as many coats as the front and
back? I only have one sawhorse, so maybe I need to get another. Any
help you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Some recommend leaving the bottom unfinished to allow the door to better
accomodate seasonal changes in temperature and humidity. Regards --